The Amberglen Frail Care Centre is committed to all areas of frail, aged and terminal / end of life palliative care. Our services include specialist support and care for dementia, alzheimers, parkinsons and cardio vascular stroke patients.
- A peaceful, safe and friendly environment for all residents
- Professional staff are on duty 24 hours a day
- Private rooms
- Unrestricted visiting hours
- Dispensing and control of prescribed medication
- Ordering and delivery of personal requirements from the local pharmacy and supermarket
- Up to date communication with family
- Exercise and heated pool swimming sessions
- Balanced and nutritious meals
- Call bell system in each room
- DSTV available with 19 channels
- Laundry services which operate 6 days a week
- Access to well stocked library
- Pet friendly
Rates and Costs
(All fees include 24 hour nursing, laundry and meals)
|LEVEL OF CARE||PER DAY|
|Respite||Standard Rate||R 1 120||R 1 250|
|Shared Rooms||Standard Rate||R 10 700||R 11 300|
|(A & B Wings)||Low Care||R 14 800||R 15 900|
|High Care||R 17 700||R 18 800|
|(C & D Wings)||Low Care||R 15 900||R 17 100|
|High Care||R 18 800||R19 950|
|En-Suite||Low Care||R 15 900||R 17 100|
|(B10, C1A, C11, D10)||High Care||R 18 800||R 19 950|
Low Care – Independent
High Care – Fully Assisted
The above fees include 24 hour nursing, laundry and meals whether taken or not. Where a double en-suite room is occupied by a single resident at their request, the full occupancy fee is payable plus a fixed cost portion of the rate for the 2nd bed. If a telephone is required, a daily or monthly rental plus calls will be charged. VAT of 15% is charged for occupancy for less than 28 days and 9% for occupancy of 28 days and longer.
Consultations and minor procedures in units are for cottage residents only. Night time Cottage Call Outs will be charged at R120 per call out at night. Blood Pressures, any other additional tests and dressings done at a Cottage Call Out / Cottage Visit will be charged.
Free Clinic for blood pressure tests and weight are on a Tuesday and from 08h00 to 13h00 except for Public Holidays. Urine testing, Blood Glucose test, Ear syringing, Cholesterol Tests, Dressings, Injections are charged at a nominal fee, both on Clinic Days and Non-Clinic days.
Charges are at the current rate per hour or part thereof.
There is a full months deposit needed for non-residents on admission.
For more information please contact our Care Centre on 033 – 239 4150.